Are you craving a unique adventure… not just a job? Do you absolutely adore kids? JOIN OUR FAMILY IN THE SUN!
Our passion is travelling the world by sailboat. We are a young(ish) couple with two year old twin boys and have determinedly continued our adventurous lifestyle since our new crew came along! We are looking for someone to join our family and assist us with taking care of our boys this fall/winter. We work in the marine industry and travel in a very covid conscious manner. Our sailboat is currently in Mexico and we won’t sail further than Mexico this season.
We’d love to get to know you, and you get to know us, before we set off together in the fall. If you live in the area, ideally you can help us with the boys a couple of days a week over the summer. We have a suite in our house and some overnight babysitting stays would be great so we can all make sure this is an awesome fit. We are also open to someone moving into our suite and starting fulltime in September, if that suits.
THE UNIQUE ROLE
F/T AS OF OCTOBER 1st, 2021 (or September 1st, 2021)
Come October we will start travelling again, and you will join us as part of our family!
- Travel with us to the USA and Mexico
- Live aboard a sailboat in Mexico (our boat is currently in a marina that is attached to a resort)
- Help us approx. 8 hours a day (weekdays) with our active boys. It is a challenge to care for twin toddlers who run in opposite directions so almost all of the care will be with another adult. Daily activities involve going to the beach, pool, getting groceries, exploring as much as the health scenario permits. There is very little sitting still and we interact with the boys in spaces that require constant supervision. The working hours will be fun, but busy.
- Approx. 6 months in duration
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- Loves little kids!! Likes playing games, reading books, engaging in silly activities. You have a way with children that makes you a favorite!
- Patient – can wait out toddler tantrums, and is kind and loving to mold good behavior.
- Happy to jump in and help with anything needed (ex. tidying after the boys, light cooking, dishes, errands, etc.)
- Excited for adventure
- Easy going, go with the flow personality
- Comfortable living in tight quarters on a lovely 43’ sailboat
- Can be independent. Happy to find ways to be off the boat at times (ie, take advantage of the pool or beach in your time off!)
- Loves the water and would be excited to spend nights at anchor. Please know that sailing experience is NOT required – but the right attitude is 😊
- Must be fully vaccinated by October with covid-conscious behavior
- All travel expenses paid
- Room and Board: a suite in our house, hotels/airbnbs, and mostly a small cabin aboard our lovely sailboat – you will be like a member of our family!
- Au pair wages
- The opportunity to be outside in the sun all winter… and exposure to a really cool lifestyle!
Please reach out with your resume, and tell us why this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you!
We look forward to hearing from you.