After selling Hydroquest in March 2014, we enjoyed ‘boat-less-ness’ for about six months. No projects! No long passages! No stress! No anchorages? No fun? … the dream of The Next Boat quickly seeped back into our lives and we began looking again in the fall of 2014.
We spent hours on Yachtworld, and considered boats all over North America. Three botched offers and much frustration later, we couldn’t believe our eyes when Kaiquest showed up for sale in our back yard – Nanaimo, BC.
She was ours May 1, 2015. Just in time for summer!
- Name: Kaiquest (as of June 15 2015, woohoo!)
- Port of Registry: Vancouver
- Builder: Chantiers Jeanneau (Cedex, France)
- Model: Sun Odyssey 43
- Year: 2001
- Length Overall: 43’4″
- Beam: 13′ 9″
- Draft: 6′ 8″
- Displacement (unloaded): 20,503 lbs
- Auxiliary Power: YANMAR model 4JH3-TE turbo diesel
First day out:
A homecoming of sorts…. Dancing in the middle of Georgia Strait en route to North Vancouver: